Reliable. Powerful. Proven Performance.
Drilling motors for specific applications, built for maximum reliability.
designed to perform.
Colossus motors are designed to perform. Built with the most robust mud lubricated bearing assemblies and high flow and high torque power sections. Engineered enhanced geometry and optimized bit-to-bend length, they provide superior drilling performance.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Optimized bit box to bend length.
- Mandrel and housing options are available for use with Rotary Steerable Systems (RSS).
- High torque power section designs ensure optimum speed and torque transfer to the bit.
- Maximized internal thru-bore and bypass ports for the highest flow rates.
- Proven thrust and radial marine bearing technology designed for drilling motor applications.
- Large internal mandrel connection for high torque with large thread root for reduced stress.
- Field adjustable 0°(straight) – 3° adjustable bend assembly.
- Integral blade stabilizer housing for slick or stabilized assembly requirements.
- Tungsten carbide radial bearings and bi-directional thrust stacks to significantly reduce wear.
- Compact bearing assembly design for ease of service.
- In-house maintained components held to high standards of premium materials and quality production.
- GeoGuidance adheres to strict run-time based preventive maintenance schedules. Each motor is completely inspected and rebuilt after 100 hours of use reducing failure risk and performance degradation.
- A proven reliable multi-catch safety mechanism for retrievability of the drillstring in the event of connection failure.
- Stator tubes and are injected with standard HNBR, HPX extra hard elastomer or specially formulated HT high temperature elastomer to accommodate specific job requirements.
- GeoGuidance transmissions are the most rugged on the market. Colossus CV joints deliver extreme durability in the toughest drilling environments.